Yesterday was an extremely busy day for us. Tyler spent all day in a Referee class so he can ref soccer this year, Jessica worked all day, and Dave and I worked all day on a new project of ours. (Okay, so Dave did most of the work, and I was his assistant/taxi driver for Tyler). Anyhow, as I was on my way to pick up Tyler at 4pm, I kept thinking, "What are we going to have for dinner tonight." I came up with nothing...no ideas whatsoever. We still had a few more hours of work ahead and I couldn't focus on the dinner issue.
I dropped Tyler off at home so he could work on his homework and I headed back to the project. Two hours later my phone rang. It was Tyler. "Hey mom, when are you and dad going to be coming home?" I thought, oh great, he is going to want to know what we are having for dinner and I had nothing. UGH. I told him we would be another hour. He then replied, "Great. Then I know when to have dinner ready!" Really??? This boy was serious. I couldn't believe it. Tyler has never made dinner all by himself.
We arrived home to find the table set and a great spaghetti dinner waiting for us! He told me that he figured he ought to do something beside watch tv or video games, and we all needed to eat. He told me he wasn't quite sure how to make it, so he went to the computer and googled how to make spaghetti. How resourceful is that? He showed me all the herbs and spices he added to the sauce and how he cooked the noodles just right. I was so impressed. I must say that it was the best spaghetti I have ever had...not just for the taste, but for the thoughtfulness behind it. What a super kid I have!
Wow! Very resourceful and considerate.
ReplyDeleteHe is one awesome guy. Love you Tyler
ReplyDeleteKyle is proud!
ReplyDelete